WeHireAmerica-Veterans.jobs is a service of HR Policy Foundation and DirectEmployers Association. These two non-profit organizations are providing this free resource to help educators, policy makers and job seekers understand the great employment opportunities available here in the U.S. at some of America's biggest and best companies.
Sherwin-Williams Plant Manager in VICTORVILLE, California
Plant Manager - ( 21000N54 )
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for providing managerial leadership and direction to the plant manufacturing facility, maximizing capital and human resource utilization in attaining production objectives of acceptable quality within established cost parameters. The position is also accountable for management direction of the people, materials, and assets of the Plant for the purpose of producing assigned products according to the production plan and customer requirements. The Plant Manager drives Operational Excellence initiatives throughout the facility and implements effective continuous Improvement in support of plant and customer requirements.
Major Tasks Include:
• Provide leadership and strategy to ensure the success of the facility.
• Develop and ensure execution of site budgets.
• Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and development to all members of the management team.
• Meet safety, quality, and service goals for the Plant.
• Implement capital projects and training programs to attain volume and productivity goals.
• Balance production objectives with finished goods inventory objectives.
• Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Promote employee involvement/engagement.
• Guide teams in effectively utilizing the tools of Six Sigma and Lean Maufacturing to complete continuous improvement projects.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a four year Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or eight years of work experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role at a manufacturing or distribution facility, or in an operations environment.
• Must have formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc.
• Must have had previous P&L responsibilities
• A Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or other related field
• Experience managing in a 24/7 manufacturing or distribution environment
• Demonstrated understanding of supply chain systems, safety systems and programs
• Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, Etc.)
• Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) experience and knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership with a focus on organizational performance alignment and building a culture of trust & integrity
• Established customer service skills
• Proven track record of guiding the team towards results in a manufacturing, distribution or operations environment
• A history of supporting the team's development and professional growth while inspiring them to work to meet or exceed goals.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location : United States-California-VICTORVILLE
Work Locations :
USA CA Victorville Plant
12401 Industrial Blvd
Travel : Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Posting : Oct 13, 2021
Schedule : Full-time
Respond By : Nov 13, 2021
Req ID: 21000N54