A.O. Smith Maintenance Tech III in United States
Maintenance Tech III
Apply now »
Date: Jul 14, 2021
Location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28213
Company: A. O. Smith Corporation
To analyze and correct electrical problems and repair and overhaul electrical equipment and controls. In addition, this position is responsible for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed.
Role Specific Responsibilities
Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and building components on industrial equipment plant wide
Read and troubleshoot PLC programming.
Determines need for, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs, and overhauls.
Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
Receives wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from supervisor covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
Installs, repairs, and maintains communication cables, power distribution cables, then splicing pieces as required.
Advises and cautions operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
Rotates as member of overhaul planning team in preparation for semi-annual maintenance overhauls.
Performs multi-craft tasks on all equipment and repair equipment breakdowns in a timely manner.
Perform preventative, predictive, corrective, and emergency maintenance on industrial equipment
Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
Lead, audit and create Preventative Maintenance procedures/practices
Continued training/education on latest technology developments required.
Skill development for maintaining a culture of reliability-based maintenance.
Work in a team-oriented atmosphere with continuous improvement goals of achieving and maintaining a world-class production facility.
The position may require weekend and/or holiday work
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma or GED is required; Associates Degree or applicable certification preferred
• Vocational school or junior technical college training in electronics.
• Exposed to high voltage electricity.
• Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
• Knowledge of machine functions, equipment safety hazards, power source, stored energy, pinch points, etc.
• Must be proficient in hydraulics, pneumatics, welding equipment, mechanical, electrical and building maintenance tasks and the ability to troubleshoot and repair as needed
• Must also have a working knowledge of PLC’s and electrical controls and the ability to troubleshoot and repair as needed.
• Meets company's substance abuse testing requirements; as a safety sensitive person, may be subject to random substance abuse checks.
• Valid state motor vehicle operator's permit to operate electrician's cart and forklift truck for installation jobs.
• High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
• High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power.
Years of Experience
Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and with assistance
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte