Lockheed Martin SOCPAC Gunsmith Support - Camp Smith, HI - USSOCOM - Weapons in Waianae, Hawaii
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Gunsmith in the Halawa, HI area. The successful candidate will provide weapons support for SOCPAC at Camp Smith, HI. Maintain standard and non-standard weapons and ammunition IAW prescribed government directives. Provide technical support to users and customer when asked. Perform organizational maintenance involving inspection, cleaning, servicing, preserving, lubricating, and adjustment of one or several types of small arms weapons systems. Be responsible for the security, serviceability, and accountability of all weapons and munitions when in and/or out of secure facilities. Request training ammunition for schedule ranges and ensure residue is turned in in a timely manner to the Ammunition Supply Point (ASP). Conduct day and night firing range training and testing in the use and function of all repaired firearms used by SOCPAC personnel. Provide instruction on the assembly, disassembly, functioning, proper care, and maintenance of assigned weapons. Conduct installation, modification, and/or repair of range target buildings, interior and exterior walls, windows, and a variety of roof styles. Complete routine range maintenance to include rubber chevron bullet trap removal and replacement, lead and brass removal, ballistic protection maintenance, and scenario setup.
- Possess skills equal to or greater than Military small arms repairmen (91F, 2111).
- At least 5 yrs. experience in weapons maintenance field.
- Have completed the USSOCOM Joint Armorer’s Course (preferred) or be willing to obtain this qualification (required). The Government will provide this training for suitable applicants meeting all other requirements, if necessary.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, sit, stand, reach and move about the facility or range complex.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance, therefore all candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Experience with conducting live fire range operations.
- Be familiar with, and comply with all local, USSOCOM, and DoD accountability and physical security requirements for weapons and ammunition.
- Possess a valid passport for overseas travel within the PACOM (Pacific Command) AOR (Area of Responsibility) to conduct scheduled maintenance and repairs as necessary in support of the SOCPAC small arms weapons and ammunition program support.
- Works independently and makes recommendations when diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing a variety of US, foreign, non-standard weapons at the -20, -30, and -40 levels of maintenance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs