HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist in Webster, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aMedical Technologistto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX_
_Medical Technologist – Laboratory_
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lakeis a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Perform diagnostic test procedures accurately in accordance with the written policies and procedures.
- Adhere to quality control protocols. Perform and document prescribed maintenance procedures.
- Exercise independent judgment in error identification and problem solving.
- Report work accurately, legibly and in accordance with the criteria for abnormal and critical values.
- Work efficiently and respond to stats and other priority tests to provide optimum patient care.
- Interact professionally with lab personnel and with other hospital departments.
- Assist with evaluation of equipment and procedures, orienting new employees and training students.
- May be assigned to other tasks and/or required to vary schedule to meet the needs of the laboratory and the patients.
- Will comply with universal precautions and adhere to safety standards and practices.
- Will use the Laboratory Computer System and will be assigned to the security level appropriate to the job.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Power of One Gulf Coast Division Standards of Behavior.
What qualifications you will need:
- Preferable one to two years of clinical experience, but consideration may be given to a new graduate.
- Bachelor in Medical Technology.
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) certification preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and able to operate mechanical, electrical and computer controlled instrumentation.
- Must have a working knowledge of PCs and Lab Information Systems.
- Possess knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the population of the patients served.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Technologist
Location: Texas-Webster-HCA Houston Clear Lake
Requisition ID: 01533-134547