HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor Laboratory in West Palm Beach, Florida
We are seeking a hospital-based Laboratory Supervisor like you to join our organization.
Located in the heart of West Palm Beach, JFK North Campus is a 245-bed acute care facility with over 40 years’ experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes JFK North Campus as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- o Student Loan Repayment o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You Will:
- Supervise technical and/or non-technical laboratory personnel and assign areas/shifts
- Supervise and/or participate in processes, service levels, and regulatory compliance. Functional areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to technical discipline areas in which department is licensed, specimen collection, specimen processing and specimen referral testing.
- Develop, implements, and monitors new policies and processes
- Develop monitoring systems for the collection, documentation and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors results
- Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates in MOR.
- Prepare and submits capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
- Provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training
- Screen, interview and select qualified individuals for open positions within the department
- Initiate counseling and discipline according to policies and procedures
- Review and approves payroll time sheets, purchasing requisitions, check requests, and scheduling requests
- Complete and conduct performance evaluations for all staff under direct supervision after three months of employment and annually
You Should Have: * A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science or Medical Technology is required * A 4-Year/Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology is helpful * A State of Florida Supervisor’s License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process * 5 years’ experience as a Medical Technologist * Prior supervisory experience is beneficial * Licensure is 3 technical specialties preferred * Ability to work during disasters IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. * * If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Supervisor Laboratory
Location: Florida-West Palm Beach-JFK Medical Center North Campus
Requisition ID: 23424-10403