HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Infection Prevention Practitioner in Wichita, Kansas
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of our team!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Wesley Healthcare, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Infection Prevention team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating exceptional quality measures. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Work as an Infection Prevention Practitioner and become part of our family of healthcare professionals who are dedicated to caring for others like family. Raise the bar on patient experience and care and join the HCA Wesley team where you can make a difference every day.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible for implementing and assessing a surveillance system for the organization
- You will identify and isolate patients with communicable diseases, healthcare associated infections, and resistant organisms
- You will implement prevention practices in order to monitor and evaluate the quality of infection control
- You will collaborate with all departments of the healthcare facility to design and implement strategies to prevent healthcare associated infections, manage healthcare associated infections and multi-drug resistant organisms
- You will investigate exposures to communicable disease and initiate appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of disease
- You will provide consulting services to healthcare facility departments
- You will review/revise facility and departmental policies and procedures
- You will utilize Quality Improvement tools
What qualifications you will need for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or health-related field
- Knowledge of principles, practices, procedures and patient safety principles in infection control and prevention in the patient care environment
- Current Certification in Infection Prevention and Control preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of infection prevention and control experience preferred
- Knowledge in hospital epidemiology principles, infectious diseases, sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection practice preferred
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Infection Prevention Practitioner
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-26298