HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Extern in Wichita, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Nurse Extern! At Wesley Healthcare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: · Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs · Paid Personal Leave · 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) · Identity Theft Protection discounts · Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options · Adoption Assistance · Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better serve our community! A few responsibilities of our Nurse Externs include:
· Facilitates and assists the registered nurse (RN) in the delivery of patient care reporting any changes in the patient ’s condition to the RN
· Observes, monitors, documents, and reports changes in patient vital signs
· Sets up patient room/bedside for admission
· Attaches the patient to appropriate monitoring devices – Pulse Oximetry, cardiac monitor
· Answers phones, inputs orders, and performs clerical functions, as needed
· Assists and performs patient’s daily care such as bathing, oral care, ambulation, bed making, nutritional needs, etc.
· Communicates in a therapeutically and developmentally appropriate manner with patients and families
· Restocks unit supplies to maintain efficiency in the delivery of care
· Has knowledge of and performs skills as outlined by the Nurse Tech I and II competencies
· Recognizes when and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command
Required Job Qualifications include: lCurrent Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course through American Heart Assoc. and American Red Cross - Healthcare Provider CPR lRequired Education or Experience • Currently enrolled in an approved school of nursing or completed approved school of nursing (pending hire as RN) • Extern I: Successful completion of at least one full semester of clinical nursing that includes nursing fundamentals • Extern II: Successful completion of at least two full semesters of clinical nursing that includes nursing fundamentals and Nurse Tech II competencies • Extern III: Successful completion of at least two full semesters of clinical nursing that includes nursing fundamentals and NurseTech III competencies
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Nurse Extern
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-23481